According to the description on the back of the card, this hotel and theater were "built in 1857" and "is now being used by the College of the Pacific Drama Dept. for summer plays." Another source gives the history of this combination of buildings, with the first constructed in 1859 by Owen Fallon. The property became a state park in 1947. The publisher's number 04-49 is on the divided back. The approximate date is 1956.