This five-story Georgian Revival building was designed by Benjamin G. McDougall and built around 1910 on land donated by Rosa M. Shattuck and her estate on the corner of Allston Way and Milvia Street. Berkeley's organizational charter was granted in 1903, and the building was designated a City of Berkeley Landmark in 1990. The publisher's number of this sepia-tone card is B 205 in the lower right corner. Its logo is on the divided back. The approximate date is the 1910s.