A Mission-Revival-style building stands on a hill with the portal on the right. Commissioned by Cephas Bard and designed by Selwyn Lock Shaw, the hospital was built in 1902 and named after Bard's mother. Its facade, including the red tile roof, domed bell tower, scalloped gables and arched loggias, has been preserved by the Los Angeles Conservancy, subsequently containing medical offices. There is a brown stain just above the midline on the right that permeates to the divided back. On the back are the contributor's logo, a Panama-California Exposition of San Diego 1915 seal, the Southern Pacific Railroad promotional motto "On the Road of a Thousand Wonders," and the Teich number A-16493 from which the date was derived. The approximate date is 1909.