Chemawa Park was created in 1901 and 1902 by Frank Miller of the electric railway company Riverside & Arlington. It was located on Magnolia Avenue in Riverside California next to the Sherman Institute, a federal government school for Native Americans. Today the site is occupied by Chemawa Middle School. On the divided back of the postcard is this description: "Chemawa Park (Place of Sunshine) adjoins Sherman Institute, and is attractive to visitors on account of its birds and animals. It encloses the polo grounds, where the spirited game of polo is a favorite mid-winter sport." Preceding the title on the front of the card is the publisher's number 1067, and on the divided back are the publisher's and contributor's logos. The approximate date is 1909.