This building was opened in 1906 as the Temple Auditorium, funded by the Temple Baptist Church and local businessmen, on the site of the 1887 Hazard's Pavilion. At Olive and Fifth Streets, it became known as the Los Angeles Philharmonic Auditorium in the early 1920s. In the right foreground are trees in Central Park, renamed Pershing Square in 1918. The publisher's number on the divided back of this German made card is A. 1. Another number upside down in the stampbox is 1302. The slogan on the back, "On the Road of a Thousand Wonders" on the back indicates that this may have been part of a promotion of The Coast Line-Shasta Route of the Southern Pacific.