This hotel was opened in 1926 as The Breakers Hotel. It overlooks the beach, as can be seen on the horizon left and bottom right. It was purchased in 1938 by Conrad Hilton, becoming the eighth hotel in his chain. Hilton opened the Skyroom restaurant (inset photograph) atop the hotel in the same year. During World War II, pillboxes harbored official Sky Watch personnel on the roof. This card advertises the "Home of the famous Sky Room, a Tomerlin Hotel," after its sale by Hilton in 1947 and name change to The Wilton for 14 years. After more changes of ownership, it was designated a historical landmark in 1989, renovated and reopened in 1990 as an assisted living facility. The Skyroom was reopened as a restaurant in 1997. The approximate date is 1953.