The Spanish word "Enramada" refers to the "ramadas" or roofs without walls covering the outdoor dining area at the Casa Verdugo in Glendale, California. The chef was Piedad Yorba de Sowl, who ran the restaurant with her husband Charles. This was the second site of the Casa Verdugo restaurant after the proprietors moved and took the name with them. On the back the message section refers not only to the "Original Casa Verdugo" but also to the fact that the restaurant was "one block East of Glendale Car Line, Around the Corner." The original site was at the streetcar stop, owned by the Pacific Electric Railroad, who did not renew the proprietors' contract in 1910. The approximate date is the 1910s. The restaurant was later converted into a house and owned by Zorro creator Johnston McCulley.