This busy shot includes the town of Avalon climbing up Avalon Canyon, with the stage road leading around the far hill in the middle, and two piers--the near Green Pleasure Pier, and the far Steamer Pier for the ferries. In the foreground from the middle to the right is the home of the Island's then owner, William Wrigley, Jr. The buildings (erected 1921) were eventually converted into a bed-and-breakfast, Mt. Ada Inn. On the far side of the bay, toward the right in the vertical middle, is the Sugar Loaf Casino between the mainland and Sugar Loaf Rock. The number on the back of the card is 90205, which, according to the guide maintained by the Curt Teich Postcard Archives, translates to 1922.