Tourists on the beach at Avalon Bay are joined by a mariachi band (bottom left). On the skyline almost at the vertical center is one of the four steamships that acted as ferries to Catalina from San Pedro. To the left of the steamship is the Catalina Casino, a ballroom and motion-picture theater built in 1929 that now also houses the Island's museum. The publisher's number on the back is CK. 44. The number in the stampbox on the back of the card is 2DK-2045, which, according to the guide maintained by the Curt Teich Postcard Archives, translates to 1962. The description with the Curteichcolor (registered) name on the back is "3-D Natural Color Reproduction."