A view from Balboa Park of downtown San Diego. Among the "new buildings" are the U.S. Grant Hotel, which opened in 1910 and the El Cortez Hotel, which opened in 1927. One of 23 connected postcards. Each of these images is printed on paper rather than a heavier cardstock, made to fold up inside covers of card stock. This mailpiece must have been produced between 1927 (when the El Cortez Hotel pictured here was built) and 1930, when the Bank of Italy changed its name to the Bank of America. Listed as image #16 with a postcard # of 28993 in the lower right-hand corner.