This view south on Broadway is dominated by the Pickwick Hotel on the corner of First Avenue on the left. The radio towers on each end of the building were added in 1928 after the Pickwick Stage System bought a radio station and renamed it to KGB to match the initials of its executive. Near the end of the street on the left is the San Diego Trust & Savings Building that was designed by William Templeton Johnson (1877-1957) and also (like the Pickwick) built in 1927. It was the city's tallest building when constructed, until the construction of the El Cortez Hotel, built the same year. In 1997 the bank building was renovated and repurposed to become the Courtyard San Diego Downtown hotel. In between these two buildings is the U.S. Grant Hotel (1910), which acquired its radio towers in 1926. Two streetcars shown might be Class 1s. The Curt Teich number on this linen picture postcard (9A-H2259) has been decoded to 1939.