The Maryland Hotel, built in 1913 as the Sefton Hotel, was designed by San Diego architect William Hebbard (1863-1930). It was constructed in the Gaslamp Quarter for San Diego banker Joseph W. Sefton, Jr. In 1916 it was renamed the Maryland Hotel, and meetings of the Ad Club were held there in 1919. In 1987 it was the last standing hotel designed by Hebbard, was for awhile a senior facility, but in 2006 the building was renovated to become the Ivy Hotel, then the Andaz San Diego (operated by Hyatt) in 2010. The original address of the hotel was 630 F Street, but the number has been reassigned to 600.