The Hotel Florence was designed by William W. Bowers (1834-1917, Alonzo Horton's brother-in-law) and opened in 1884. In 1891, San Diego architect William Sterling Hebbard (1863-1930) remodeled the hotel. By 1907 the hotel was known as the Hotel Robinson, and by 1918 it had changed names again to Casa Loma. The back of this card has a seal of the Panama-California Exposition of 1915 and a paragraph in the message space advertising 300 "Southern California Views" for sale from Eno & Matteson, San Diego. The back also bears the Benham Company logo, with their number 2053. The approximate date is 1915.