Prominent in this hand-tinted picture postcard is the San Diego Union Building, designed by Harrison Albright (1866-1932) in 1908 for the newspaper owner, John D. Spreckels (1853-1926). The address of this now demolished building is given as "the southwest corner of Third and D . . . ," according to the San Diego Historical Society. In the background is San Diego Bay with ships, and on the horizon from left to right (labelled) is Point Loma.