St. Joseph's Church in San Diego, near Balboa Park. The land was donated by Alonzo Horton (1813-1909) as he started building San Diego's "New Town," and this brick church was built in 1894 on the same site as the previous 1875 building. The back of this card has a seal of the Panama-California Exposition of 1915, giving a period within which this card might have been distributed. Also on the reverse is a paragraph stating that the recipient may purchase any of the 300 "Southern California Views" postcards, of which this is one, for a penny a piece by sending coins or stamps to the Eno & Matteson company in San Diego. The publisher's number on the back of the card is 2567. The approximate date is 1915.