This hand-colored picture postcard gives no date for this building, but the reverse has two logos of the Panama-California Exposition of 1915, so the postcard would have been distributed around this time. The First Baptist Church shown here succeeded the "Old Baptist Church," built in 1869 on Seventh Avenue between F and G Streets. It was built in 1888, and was itself razed to make way for the "White Temple" First Baptist Church. According to a paragraph in the message portion of the card, this postcard is "one of a series of 300 San Diego views" that could be obtained from Eno & Matteson, San Diego, for a penny apiece. The approximate date is 1915.