This is a hand-tinted picture postcard of the Church of the Immaculate Conception in Old Town, San Diego. The cornerstone for the first church with this name was laid in 1851, and the Old Adobe Church was dedicated in 1858. In 1868 the cornerstone was laid for a brick church on this site. This building was opened in 1917 after a series of problems that included the razing of the original brick structure due to weathering, reclaiming and cleaning the bricks for reuse. According to the church's Website in 2020, the building has been in continuous use since its opening, but it was renovated in 1997, when an original bell from the San Diego Mission was added. The approximate date is 1917.