Coming in from the left is the Cabrillo Bridge (Puente de Cabrillo), carrying El Prado street over Cabrillo Canyon and into Balboa Park. On the right near the bottom is a cluster of buildings forming the San Diego Naval Hospital, of which the chapel was later used as the Veterans Museum and Memorial Center. The California Tower and the California Building are in the center toward the left. These buildings were designed by Carleton Goodhue (1869-1924) and constructed for the Panama-California Exposition of 1915. The California Building (domed building to the left of the Tower) later became the San Diego Museum of Us. The absence of a road running under Cabrillo Bridge dates the picture as no later than 1942.