Cabrillo Bridge (Puente de Cabrillo) was built for the Panama-California International Exposition of 1915 to carry traffic into Balboa Park on El Prado from Laurel Street in San Diego. Its designers were Frank Phillips Allen, Jr. (1881-1943), and Thomas B. Hunter, with construction and opening in 1914. This view shows the south side of the bridge toward the western entrance behind which the California Tower sits. The California Tower was designed by Bertram Goodhue, 1869-1924, along with the California Building of which only the small tower on top of the dome can be glimpsed to the left of the Tower. This structure later became the San Diego Museum, renamed the San Diego Museum of Us.