The Cabrillo Bridge at the west entrance of San Diego's Balboa Park. Cabrillo Bridge (Puente de Cabrillo) was built for the Panama-California Exposition of 1915, carrying traffic on El Prado street. Its designers were Frank Phillips Allen, Jr. (1881-1943), and Thomas B. Hunter, with construction and opening in 1914. Toward the right are the California Building (now San Diego Museum of Us) and the California Tower, also built for the 1915 Exposition.