The Botanical Building and Conservatory as seen from the lagoon (Laguna de las Flores, Laguna de Espejo, or Reflecting Pool), later called the Lily Pond. This nighttime view is represented as being from the California Pacific International Exposition of 1935 held in San Diego's Balboa Park. The Botanical Building and Gardens were constructed for the Panama-California International Exposition of 1915. The footbridge between the Lagunita or north pond near the door to the building and the south pond reflecting the building can be seen just under the colored fountain. The redwood lath roof of the building gave rise to the alternate name "lath house."