Viewing the California Tower from the Alcazar Garden during the California Pacific International Exposition of 1935 in San Diego's Balboa Park. The tower was originally designed by Bertram Goodhue (1869-1924), and constructed for the Panama-California International Exposition of 1915. It was renamed, along with the domed building that became the San Diego Museum of Man, the Palace of Science (or Palace of Science of Man). The Alcazar Gardens were created in the Moorish style by the 1935 Exposition architectural director, Richard Requa (1881-1941). In the right background the pergola from the Montezuma Gardens remains. The Teich number in the lower left white border is 5A-H1234, from which the date was derived. The publisher's number 4451 is in the upper left corner.