Built for the Panama-California Exposition of 1915, the Indian Arts Building on the Plaza de Panama went through a number of changes of name before its opening, acquiring this name from the director of exhibits. This view shows the east facade of the building, which was designed by Carleton Winslow (1876-1946) in 1912, originally exhibiting artifacts from the Smithsonian Institute and the School of American Archeology. This Building (No. 5) was renamed the Russia and Brazil Building in 1916 and the Science of Man Building in 1917. After some repairs in 1922, it was renamed the "House of Charm" for the second Exposition in 1935. After being razed and reconstructed, the House of Charm reopened in 1996.