The Cabrillo Bridge (Puente de Cabrillo) during the Panama-California Exposition of 1915 held in San Diego's Balboa Park. The bridge was designed by architects Frank Phillips Allen, Jr. (1881-1943), and Thomas B. Hunter, with construction and opening in 1914. It carries traffic on El Prado street over Cabrillo Canyon into the park (formerly City Park but renamed for the Exposition) at the west entrance. Under the bridge is Laguna de Puente.