El Prado street is shown on the bottom left, looking toward the west entrance during the Panama-California Exposition of 1915. The California Tower and California Building are on the left, on the north side of El Prado, with the entrance arch toward the bottom left. The California State Building, later known as the Palace of Science, was designed by Bertram Goodhue (1869-1924), includes the California Tower and the California Building (of which the dome can be glimpsed to the right of the California Tower), later known as the San Diego Museum of Us. On the right is the Science and Education Building. The Exposition was held in San Diego's Balboa Park to celebrate the completion of the Panama Canal.