This view looks south from the Botanical Building to the Botanical Gardens and La Laguna de las Flores (Laguna de Espejo, Reflecting Pool, or Lagoon) during the Panama-California International Exposition of 1915. The Exposition was held in San Diego's Balboa Park to celebrate the completion of the Panama Canal. The Commerce and Industries Building (later the Canadian Building, the Palace of Better Housing, Electric Building, rebuilt and reopened in 1982 as the Casa de Balboa) is in the distance on the left. In the right distance is the House of Hospitality, built for the 1915 Exposition as the Foreign Arts Building (or Foreign Liberal Arts Building. After it was demolished, it was reconstructed to its 1935 appearance and reopened in 1997.