Close-up of a mosaic mural depicting life on a beach. When this mosaic was created for the Long Beach Municipal Auditorium, it was reportedly the largest cut-tile mosaic picture in the country and the single biggest achievement of the Federal Arts Project. King supervised the actual execution, which involved the collaborative work of 40 artists. Changing the geometric shapes of tile for each pattern in a design was an innovation of Wright's, and is recognizable in his other southern California mosaics. In 1979 a community effort saved the mural from destruction when the municipal auditorium was demolished for the construction of a new convention center complex. In 1982 it was mounted at its present location and declared a City Historical Landmark by the Long Beach City Council. Original design by Henry Allen Nord, redesigned by Stanton Macdonald Wright and Albert Henry King. Funded by the Federal Art Project. The mural was painted from 1936-1938.